This course covers assessment practice during crisis situations, working with suicidal clients, documentation of accepted protocol, diagnosing post-trauma clients, helping children who have experienced crisis, and provides a model for making difficult ethical decisions.
- At the conclusion of this course, the professional will be able to:
- Identify ethical dilemmas unique to crisis counseling.
- Understand how to minimize liability in high-risk situations.
- Develop critical crisis management plans and implement post-crisis resolution strategies.
- Use your respective association’s Code of Ethics to create a foundation for resolving ethical dilemmas.
Purpose of this course:
The purpose of this continuing education course is to provide a current understanding of issues relevant to the mental health counselor concerning providing ethical treatment in times of crisis. This course covers assessment and diagnosis practice, working with suicidal clients, documentation of accepted protocol, post-trauma clients, children who have experienced crisis, and provides a model for making ethical decisions.
Part 1: Course organization, Documentation and Introduction.
Part 2: Reading of the course materials
Part 3: Reading of your corresponding professional association’s Code of Ethics
Part 4: Administration and Completion of the Evaluation of Learning