This course overviews solution focused brief therapy (SFBT), discussing its components, uses and outcomes for impacting client issues, altering destructive behavior patterns and improving communication techniques.
At the conclusion of this course the professional will be able to:
- Identify the core elements of solution focused brief therapy
- Conduct initial interviews using SFBT methods
- Apply the structure of SFBT to a variety of counseling settings, including therapy with couples, families and individuals
- Describe client condition in context of strengths
- Prepare clients for understanding therapeutic homework in SBFT and utilizing these methods
Purpose of this Course:
The purpose of this CE course is to provide discussion relevant to the mental health counselor on intervention responses to adult and children survivors of disaster events, whether natural or man-made.
Part 1: Course organization, Documentation and Introduction.
Part 2: Reading of the course materials
Part 3: SAMHSA Disaster Kit
Part 4: Administration and Completion of the Evaluation of Learning Quiz