This course provides an intensive overview of Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), offering solution-focused brief therapy treatment methods for specific populations, including Borderline Personality Disorder, and discusses Distress Tolerance Training, Skills Training, Emotional Modulation and Mindfulness approaches.
- Describe the core modalities of dialectical-behavioral therapy
- Demonstrate core mindfulness skills
- Structure a therapy session using skills training
- Train clients in emotional modulation
- Assess client outcomes after implementation of DBT
Purpose of this Course:
The purpose of this CE course is to provide discussion relevant to the mental health counselor on current treatment practices using CBT to impact cocaine addiction.
Part 1: Course organization, Documentation and Introduction.
Part 2: Reading of the course materials
Part 3: Administration and Completion of the Evaluation of Learning Quiz